- The first wave of games have arrived and have been shipped out. Many Kickstarter backers should already have received their games. Follow our updates on Kickstarter for more detailed information.
- If you’re in Austin, come see us at the SXSW Gaming Expo in Booth 1932 and vote for us in the Gamer’s Voice Awards – Multiplayer Category! We have copies of the game and are doing demos and play tests of the add-on role prototypes. You can also demo DEEP, our upcoming space exploration game. Read more about DEEP on Board Game Geek.
- Pre-orders are open again on BackerKit. Everything will ship with the next wave in August.
- We were at PAX East and presented in a panel gaming with your kids. See the full panel here.
Special thanks to Atlas Games for helping us with this shipment. Also, check out this sweet preview art for DEEP from Kyle Ferrin:
In order to bridge the gap PayPal created by reserving my preorder funds I am doing another Kickstarter run for Vast: The Crystal Caverns. Please consider supporting. Previous backers there are goodies there for you too, from miniatures to revised and clarified rules to stretch goals for additional roles. Check it out on Kickstarter now.
We’ve just released a free iOS 10 iMessage sticker pack featuring artwork from Vast: The Crystal Caverns. Now no one is safe from the ravenous goblin hordes.
We’ve created this handy guide for explaining which meeples replace which cardboard token. All copies include both sets and players can use whichever they prefer.
In other news, we’ve been featured in Ars Technica‘s list of hottest new board games from Gen Con 2016. We’ve also made available a print and play set of the two Gen Con promotional cards. More information can also be found in the latest Kickstarter update.
Vast: The Crystal Caverns will be debuting at GenCon in Indianapolis, August 4–7, 2016. Come see us at Booth 2908! We’ll also be running demos in the Kickstarter Room (143).
Also, check out this excellent video review of Vast by Man Vs Meeple and enter for a chance to win a copy of Vast through them.
Jonathan Liu provided the following overview and review of the game and it is stunning:
Reaping the Rewards: ‘Vast: The Crystal Caverns’
This is his really quick summary showing how he feels about the game.
I also played a solo game if you want to watch:
The games are all speeding towards their depots.
I have held 4 of the games recently and they are fantastic. The materials and components lived up to my expectations. I am very happy with how the project turned out. The box is a whopping 2 kilograms thanks to all of the stretch goals!
The games are leaving the factory in China and are on their way to their respective depots. I will provide a better timeline as I learn more about expected. I do know units will be in the US around 7/15 so it looks like we will make Gencon. Gencon is very important to me, the weight of the game really stretched my money and direct sales will help my longevity.
I have divided the games up into 5 shipments.
- EU (I have a sub-depot in Spain. If a store in Germany is interested in helping us we could knock down the expense a lot).
- Taiwan (which is handling Japan, Korea, China, and Malaysia too)
- Australia and New Zealand
As the games arrive, the respective depots will start shipping games to backers. I will try to feature the stores helping us out as I appreciate their participation.
Cassie Elle did an overview here:
I did 2 unboxing videos here. Sorry about the quality. I will try to take some still photos.
Also I did a longish interview here with David, Kyle Woelfel, and Craig Marks (Botch Games) if you haven’t heard it yet.
I will be at Gencon and I am bringing plenty of help so come by to say hello and grab a demo.
Listen to a longish interview we did about asymmetric play and balancing for Vast: The Crystal Caverns with hobby and board game review podcast Botch Games.
Watch the unboxing of the first manufacturing copy of Vast: The Crystal Caverns!