Leder Games is a growing company that produces the board game Vast: The Crystal Caverns. We are now wrapping up the design of a Vast expansion, miniatures and beginning design on Vast: The Mysterious Manor and Deep: Enemy Frontiers.
Leder Games is growing quickly and we want to build a second development track. With that in mind we are hiring the following:
Assist Leder Games with design and development of board games. Help Leder Games with Marketing efforts. This position will report directly to the head of the creative team.
- Help with design and development of board games. Will be in charge of own line of games to develop once a certain level of acumen has been reached.
- Create games based on Lead designers input.
- Work with creative staff to make sure illustrations, sculptures, layout are ready.
- Manage editorial contractors for projects.
- Help with playtesting and give constructive feedback.
- Accept constructive feedback.
- Working with Project Manager on realistic timelines.
- Be conscious of budget.
- Attend game conventions with us to sell games, meet with the public, and run events.
- Based on input from Lead Designer, create prototypes of current projects to facilitate testing. During peak moments of development we can test once or twice a day.
- Work with Adobe products: Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Help owner with planning and executing Kickstarter. Experience as a creator in Kickstarter or at the very least a user is helpful.
- Help determine other avenues of marketing.
- Help owner maintain social media presence.
- Maintain professional presence when dealing with Leder Game’s customers, industry professionals, and vendors.
Experience in game development or directly applicable education will be strongly preferred.
Although telecommuting will be an option, we will favor candidates that can appear in our office at least 2 to 3 times a week. Our office is located centrally in the Twin Cities metro area (Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota).
Travel won’t be necessary but it is a huge perk of the job. You can go to 5 to 6 game conventions a year to help sell games, demonstrate games, and run events.
Position is full-time salaried.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and examples of work to the address below. Please include the job title in your subject line or cover letter.